Feedback Appreciated!

Please feel free to comment on posts and tell me what you think I should change. I am just starting after all!

Friday, December 5, 2014

My Two Cents on the Happy Home Academy

In today's post I will talk about the good old Happy Home Academy (and the Happy Room Academy.) Find it after the break!



Many of you probably remember getting a letter from the Happy Room Academy, or HRA, when you booted up Animal Crossing on your GameCube. You probably also remember that every day, without fail, they would have some snide remark about your house's interior, which you would ignore. At least that's how it went for me! In the first animal crossing, the HRA was meant to be a rating system for your interior design skills, and I assume was meant to be a way of making the player more constructive and creative in the way they viewed things. Now, maybe I was just a very boring child, with no imagination, but I think that Nintendo tried a little too hard on the criticism, and less on being constructive. (I actually tried to find a picture to link to the post, but most of them were too low res. You can always google image search the Happy Room Academy.) One of the ones I always got said that my "House looked more like a warehouse!" Because I would leave room to walk around in, or that my house is"Filthy! clean up your junk!" when I tried to solve the previous issue. So in conclusion, I very much did not like the HRA. This brings me to a very similar feature in New Leaf, The Happy Home Academy!

       The Happy Home Academy, (Also known as the HHA) is quite similar to the previous games' HRA. Your house gets a point rating and you can get rewards for having a good looking house. Of course, now they look at the exterior as well! Also, rather than constantly getting brutal nitpicks on the state of your home, you get some actual constructive criticism and advice on how to better your house, and believe me, they are MUCH easier to please than the HRA was. Plus, instead of getting a letter every day, you only submit yourself to potential torture when you want to. And I mean, the HHA Showcase isn't exactly on the bottom of my list either!

       Well, that's my opinion on the HRA and HHA. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment